100 tooth Jennings control wheel

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

100 tooth Jennings control wheel

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:43 pm

What the heck is this??? I am looking to purchase a Jennings Victoria front vendor and there is an operator sheet on the back door that mentioned a 100 tooth control wheel. May have something to do with payout but not certain. Haven't found anything via google or Geddes and Mead book. The gear i question is to the right of the reel bundle but I dont have many pics of it.

Check the pics out attached.

Thanks for any info!!
Attachments
18.jpg
Overview of the mech including the 100 tooth wheel
29.jpg
Close up of the 100 tooth wheel
17.jpg
Pic of operator instructions
ThirdGenAmusement

Re: 100 tooth Jennings control wheel

Postby DeTrana » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:39 pm

It regulates the number of coins going into the jackpot
DeTrana

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Yes; it was an idea that never really caught on, but I liked it when I had one . You can see the ratchet wheel with 100 teeth on left side of mechanism.
It controls the filling/working of the Jack Pot, the Reserve JP. The operator can adjust the wheel to control the amount of coins in the JP up to 100 maximum.
Once the JP is won, the Reserve JP dumps on next play and the wheel keeps track of coins going to JP during subsequent play and stops feeding them once the amount set by the operator is reached.
Once you tinker with it and figure it out, it's really a neat and ingenious system and works well.
I sold my machine years ago, so unfortunately I cannot help with any photos.
nvmos2

Postby gsx11r » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello
Here is some photos.
Let me know if you need more.
Stephane
https://retro-jackpot.fr/jennings/victoria
gsx11r

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:40 am

Wow thank you all for the info and links to pics! Helps tremendously. I am looking at a quarter model of this. With this only being produced for 2 or less years, I would think there is pretty limited number of these out. With that in mind I am curious how scarce the front lock would be for the front lower door?
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby MONTI » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:47 am

gsx11r wrote:Hello
Here is some photos.
Let me know if you need more.
Stephane
https://retro-jackpot.fr/jennings/victoria

Thank You Stephane!
I should have thought about asking you when John sent me an email on this 100 tooth apparatus as you do have a lot of knowledge on everything slot machine oriented!
Once again I must say "whenever I think I've seen everything, something I have never seen comes along!"
From what I could see in the photo he emailed me I counted the teeth between the two visible pins and it suggested it had something to do with coin count but not enough for me to figure it out!
However I did think it affected a payout in some way!
I don't believe in 40 years I have ever seen one and definitely have never had one in my shop!
Thanks Again My Friend from Across The Pond!
Bona Fortuna Amico!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:10 am

You beat me to it Monti. I was just going to email you a link to this thread. :). Thanks again for everyone's input. I'm sure if I can work out a deal to buy it I'll have oodles more questions! Ha. I'm grateful for all the knowledge in this forum!
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby MONTI » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:31 am

ThirdGenAmusement wrote:You beat me to it Monti. I was just going to email you a link to this thread. :). Thanks again for everyone's input. I'm sure if I can work out a deal to buy it I'll have oodles more questions! Ha. I'm grateful for all the knowledge in this forum!

Hello John!
So I guess you can ignore my email about getting more photos of the slot machine here in question and in my opinion if you can pick it up at a reasonable price and even in its condition if it is all there it may be a Great Find!
Route operators probably did not like them so they didn't sell well!
Similar to the Jennings Electro-Jacks that was also pictured that one of my customers had and I worked on!
Another very unusual slot machine with an electronic motor and linkage that actually operated the mechanism!
Ciao!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 am

I found this in my stash of stuff.
The JP system is more complicated than I remember; a lot of moving parts.
I'm sure it was a good idea at the time, but one can see why they discontinued it.

IMG_8165.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg
nvmos2

Postby gsx11r » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:11 pm

[quote="MONTISimilar to the Jennings Electro-Jacks that was also pictured that one of my customers had and I worked on!
Another very unusual slot machine with an electronic motor and linkage that actually operated the mechanism!
Ciao!
MONTI[/quote]

I love the Electrojax. It s an Uggly machine but one of my best in my collection.So happy to have found it some years ago.
Stephane
H.jpg

C.jpg

A.jpg

L.jpg

I.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg
gsx11r

Next

Return to Slots