DO I HAVE A RARE MILLS 25-CENT WAR EAGLE?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: DO I HAVE A RARE MILLS 25-CENT WAR EAGLE?

Postby Marcellous » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks, Mills - Since the machine has an unusual payout and fortunately a card was found or designed according to the payouts, is it easy enough to remove the award card frame? Would appreciate your saying how to get it off. The reason is that I want to scan the award card, retouch it in places of soil and then have a couple made and laminated, one of which would be inserted for more durability. The present card is not protected. Glad to know it is one of the early models. Wish I knew when the first serial number started for the War Eagle. I tried a search on the forum but came up with nothing.
Marcellous

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:24 pm

The earliest War Eagle serial number that I am aware of is 198304; an unrestored 25 cent one.
nvmos2

Postby Marcellous » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Thanks, nvmos2. Do you know the payout of that machine? I would be interested in knowing if it is the same as mine, which as you likely know mine is different. Read my earlier post.
Marcellous

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 am

No; I don't know where the 198304 machine is now and don't have photos.
If it had an unusual payout, I should have made a note of it when I noted the serial number, but I even forget where I saw it.
nvmos2

Postby Marcellous » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:00 pm

nvmos2,

I had asked the question of removing the award card frame. Is it just a matter of putting a screw driver under a place of the frame and the frame pops off? I see the top and bottom buttons. Are they pried open in some way to release the frame? Thanks again for your posts.
Marcellous

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Marcellous wrote:nvmos2,

I had asked the question of removing the award card frame. Is it just a matter of putting a screw driver under a place of the frame and the frame pops off? I see the top and bottom buttons. Are they pried open in some way to release the frame? Thanks again for your posts.

Remove mechanism from cabinet; you'll immediately see your answer.
You should see 2 small nuts that hold the award card frame bolts in place.
nvmos2

Postby MONTI » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Marcellous wrote:Hi Mills, Bringing up the link it seems to be in French and the images are not that good. Would appreciate your focusing on exactly what I should see if I photograph the area. Your War Eagle serial number is much higher than mine. Your show 268XXX whereas mine 261395.

I go to that site often and if you use the translator function in your browser you can convert to English!
A friend of mine from across the "Pond" turned me on to that site years ago!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby Mills » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:56 am

MONTI wrote:I go to that site often and if you use the translator function in your browser you can convert to English!
A friend of mine from across the "Pond" turned me on to that site years ago!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

Thank you =D>
New machines will be add in few weeks... I hope if I find time...
37 slots machines.... May be more ?
Mills

Postby Dave » Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 pm

Marcellous wrote:Here are the images. ONE MORE THING! I just noticed a sticker inside and assume it is the person who restored the machine. I will be contacting him to see if he can give me any info on history of it.

From looking at the photos and reading the posts I am thinking this is actually fantasy machine. Perhaps it was foreign.

The payout card is very bizarre. It is clearly not the original card. Why would Mills go to the effort to make a payout like this?

I am thinking this machine was converted to quarters using whatever slides the restorer could find and make work and then the award card was created.

The original poster said he reached out to the person who supposedly restored the machine and is not receiving a response.

The wood sides look like reproduction to me.

If this was an early War Eagle then it should have a 10 stop mechanism.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue May 04, 2021 9:39 pm

rtmccurdy wrote:Here is the initial promotional advertising for the new Mills Silent Jackpot Bell (January, 1931 Automatic Age Magazine (c) International Arcade Museum) and it is clearly your War Eagle. Details on the new offering are on either side. So, your War Eagle would be considered "rare" or "scarce" compared to the 1000's of original War Eagles that have survived. How much that would impact pricing is purely speculative since pricing is regional and based on demand.

Your photo is not high enough resolution to show the payout. Is it a 2/4? That is what I would expect. The machine being talked about in this thread is a 2/3 which I have never seen before.
Dave
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Slots