Groetchen Magazine/Coin Kick

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Groetchen Magazine/Coin Kick

Postby ernie » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:02 pm

Hello,

The adventure continues.

One problem I discovered in my Columbia Groetchen slot machine had to do with the Coin Kick and Magazine. When the magazine was in place it pushed against the Coin Kick assembly so hard that it prevented everything from moving properly (Photos 1 & 2). I examined the area carefully, hoping to find an adjustment for the space between the Magazine and the Coin Kick assembly. I found no such adjustment and concluded that the best way to proceed was to grind away a small amount of pot metal (?) in order to widen the space (photo 3). I also had to countersink the screw holes a bit deeper. The procedure worked well and freed up the Coin Kick assembly.

I do not know if this was a common problem with the Groetchen. I am guessing that the difficulty was caused by expanding pot metal over the years. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ernie
Attachments
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
ernie

Return to Slots