Mills Golden Nugget .25 not dropping to coin sensor rod

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Golden Nugget .25 not dropping to coin sensor rod

Postby mrbrjb » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:10 pm

My Father-in-Law has a 40's/30's Mills Golden Nugget .25 slot that the quarters have stopped dropping through the escalator. They get right above the coin sensing rod and just hang there. We took off the escalator and cleared out the quarter that was hanging, put it back together, fed a different quarter in and it hung up in the same spot. Any ideas on what could be the issue?
Attachments
WIN_20210307_12_02_58_Pro.jpg
Escalator picture showing quarter not dropping
mrbrjb

Re: Mills Golden Nugget .25 not dropping to coin sensor rod

Postby mazzeosa17 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:36 pm

There's a couple of anti-jam/anti-cheat levers on the front of the escalator (the opposite side of your picture). They need to work freely, and are often removed, as a result, to avoid coin jam problems. I can send you a picture from the Mead/Geddes slot repair book if you need clarification/further assistance.
mazzeosa17

Postby mrbrjb » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:00 pm

If you could send a picture that would be great. I'm assuming it's ok to remove them, as long as my daughter can be trusted to not try and slip in slugs :)
mrbrjb

Postby mechanic » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:52 pm

mazzeosa17 wrote:There's a couple of anti-jam/anti-cheat levers on the front of the escalator (the opposite side of your picture). They need to work freely, and are often removed, as a result, to avoid coin jam problems. I can send you a picture from the Mead/Geddes slot repair book if you need clarification/further assistance.

I SEE YOUR ON IT SAL!!!
mechanic

Postby oldslotman » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 am

In the picture above, the escalator has not reset. It is still in the coin advance position.
oldslotman

Return to Slots