Did Acme Roulette also make a dice machine?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Did Acme Roulette also make a dice machine?

Postby mark2474 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 am

Yesterday I purchased an Acme Rollette machine with the big neon lit wheel. The seller told me that his brother has a Dice Machine that looks like it was made by Acme also. He said the cabinets look alike and it has numerous pairs of dice that are thrown after all bets are placed. He is going to make arrangements for me to see it. Has anyone ever heard of the dice version of these machines? Thanks
mark2474

Re: Did Acme Roulette also make a dice machine?

Postby drsmlojo1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Not to my knowledge, but J. J. Parker did. Big console machines that were about the size as an Acme Roulette.
drsmlojo1

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Here is a YT video I did on the Parker Craps machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoR2lNjasA
Dave
Site Admin

Postby jumpinjaxsisfun » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 am

THANK YOU DAVE, I ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THESE MACHINES BUT NEVER SAW ONE. WHAT A PLEASURE TO SEE, I DO WISH I HAD ONE...Vin P.S. Do you have one on the horse racing machine???
jumpinjaxsisfun

Postby mark2474 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:06 am

Thank you Dave. I watched your video and it sounds like what they described. It is in a basement that is not a walk out and they are going to make arrangements for me to go see it.
BTW your video was very informative and helpful!
mark2474

Postby jumpinjaxsisfun » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:28 am

mark if interested in selling let me know, also if deal falls thru with dice machine call me (PM) thanks Vin
jumpinjaxsisfun

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:05 am

jumpinjaxsisfun wrote:THANK YOU DAVE, I ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THESE MACHINES BUT NEVER SAW ONE. WHAT A PLEASURE TO SEE, I DO WISH I HAD ONE...Vin P.S. Do you have one on the horse racing machine???

The only detailed video I did on a horse racing machine is one on the Superior Race. It is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQsqV7_WSSc
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:09 am

mark2474 wrote:Thank you Dave. I watched your video and it sounds like what they described. It is in a basement that is not a walk out and they are going to make arrangements for me to go see it.
BTW your video was very informative and helpful!

If you end up buying it be very careful when moving it. I have seen many Parker machines with busted glass. You also want to make sure it works. Check everything. These things are NOT easy to work on.

If you do buy it you may want to pull the glass out and move it separately.

Parker made several versions of the Roulette. Some have fewer features and are less complicates. All are way cool though.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:20 pm

It has always been my understanding that this roulette machine was made by Bally but that they did not put their name on it because they were not suppose to be making cash payout games at the time.

I found one of these for a customer a few years back and have been through the game inside and out and it really looks like a Bally game to me. It has several components on it that are an exact match for what Bally used on their one ball horse race games and bingos.

Is there any conclusive proof that Acme existed and actually built this?

Anybody here on the forum have a schematic for this roulette game? I could really use one.

Thanks!
WoodrailFanatic

Postby WoodrailFanatic » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:21 pm

Dave,

What an incredible dice machine!! And such an amazing, entertaining and informative video you made. Thanks for sharing it here.
WoodrailFanatic

Next

Return to Slots