Quarter-sized trade checks

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Quarter-sized trade checks

Postby Walter Newton » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:46 am

Did manufacturers ever supply quarter-sized trade checks (with a hole).

My Mills FOK Vender has all the trade check mechanisms in place, including the note on the instructions that "trade checks cannot be used to vend mints."

Even though all trade check stuff is in the machine, it seems to cycle quarters normally, with the quarters going to the coin tube (which is fine with me, I'd rather feed it quarters and get quarters back).

But I was just curious about if there was ever quarter-sized trade checks, cause I've never seen any.
Walter Newton

Re: Quarter-sized trade checks

Postby watlingboy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:08 am

Yes, they made checks for all denominations. A guy on EBay was selling an original bag of 10 cent and 25 cent Watling tokens a couple of weeks ago.

George
watlingboy

Re: Quarter-sized trade checks

Postby Walter Newton » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:26 am

watlingboy wrote:Yes, they made checks for all denominations. A guy on EBay was selling an original bag of 10 cent and 25 cent Watling tokens a couple of weeks ago.

George

Thanks.

I have a nickel Watling Single Jackpot Blue Seal (1929, per serial number), which works so well, I've never have taken the mech out.

I suppose it has the ability to handle trade checks, I've never looked into that.

My opinion (which has nothing to do with this topic), Mills over engineered its stuff and Watling kept it simple.
Walter Newton

Return to Slots