This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: New Member

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:57 pm

I was hoping to get some new insights here, but it does not seem to be forthcoming so I'll answer my own questions.

63mini may be referring to the timing lever and I don't know what else.

From what I've learned;
When mech parts were plated, Mills used cad plating; SEGA used nickel. I don't know if I could tell the difference from a photo.
SEGA used the same part numbers as Mills, at least while they were distributing and revamping Mills slots.
However, there is notable differences in what they stamped or did not stamp.
Mech part numbers are usually little or no help in dating a machine.
The difference between a Mills mechanism and a SEGA is usually apparent from the operating fork.

The Three Crown machines first came out in 1957 and apparently did not have a long production run.
Vintage slot machines are very often found with replacement parts or entire mechanisms swapped out.
nvmos2

Re: New Member

Postby cypress » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:32 pm

nvmos2 wrote:
63mini wrote:Looking at your photos it appears that a lot of the sheet metal parts are nickel plated and stamped with parts numbers. This would lead me to believe that this Mills Bell-O-Matic is of the "Service Games Inc of Nevada" ( Basically, SEGA) time period. Probably, made in the 60's.

What sheet metal parts are you referring to?
How does plating or part numbers indicate SEGA or help date the machine?

If it was made in the 60's it would have been made in Japan I believe.

https://segaretro.org/History_of_Sega
cypress

Previous

Return to Slots