Mills War Eagle Jackpot Window

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills War Eagle Jackpot Window

Postby Marcellous » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:19 am

I often see two styles of the War Eagle front jackpot window. Is the one showing the two windows (reserve) older than the one showing only the one window? Strange that the one front doesn't show a reserve jackpot window.
Marcellous

Re: Mills War Eagle Jackpot Window

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:08 pm

When the Silent first came out, it had the 2 visible jackpots.
The 2 smaller jackpots apparently looked a little anemic and fell into disfavor, so Mills came out with the single larger jackpot to entice players.
nvmos2

Postby Marcellous » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:48 pm

Thanks, nvmos2 -

I'm glad I have the earlier 25 cent model. Seeing both windows full of quarters is very enticing. I posted awhile back that my machine is very unusual. It has a very early serial number and the payouts are different than most of the other War Eagles. The payouts are: 2, 3, 7, 11, 14 and jackpot (bars) 18 plus the lower jackpot in the window.
Marcellous

Postby oldslotman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Marcellous wrote:Thanks, nvmos2 -

I'm glad I have the earlier 25 cent model. Seeing both windows full of quarters is very enticing. I posted awhile back that my machine is very unusual. It has a very early serial number and the payouts are different than most of the other War Eagles. The payouts are: 2, 3, 7, 11, 14 and jackpot (bars) 18 plus the lower jackpot in the window.

You most likely have a foreign coin machine or have the wrong slides. Early machines were 2/4 pay. You should have 2 two coin slides and 4 four coin slides. Never seen a one coin slide.
oldslotman

Return to Slots