superior confection amusement delux derby

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: superior confection amusement delux derby

Postby altort » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Thanks nvmos2 for the contact info for the guy on face book, I did find his information and did try and contact him but just waiting to see if he responds, I contacted Charles from The Gameroom Show but he sold that machine several years ago and did not remember any details on it, he did get back to me via email, his research did not find any information, I have contacted Larry Snyder but he did not have any info either.

The search for information continues.
altort

Postby altort » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:24 pm

Hello to all

I never did find any additional information on this machine but one just came up at Morphy's coin op auction October 27-30 lot 3356.

To any one interested on bidding on this one, this is the very same one that I seen years earlier, the cabinet is a plywood replacement not correct to the original no marque, grand stand back ground or play field.

The description from Morphy states

"CONDITION: This machine is in original condition with a complete interior"

I have contacted Morphy about the incorrect description now to see if they change the description.
altort

Postby sam2002 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:26 am

altort wrote:Hello to all

I never did find any additional information on this machine but one just came up at Morphy's coin op auction October 27-30 lot 3356.

To any one interested on bidding on this one, this is the very same one that I seen years earlier, the cabinet is a plywood replacement not correct to the original no marque, grand stand back ground or play field.

The description from Morphy states

"CONDITION: This machine is in original condition with a complete interior"

I have contacted Morphy about the incorrect description now to see if they change the description.

Morphy don’t care anything but money! Their sales team is there to make commissions.
sam2002

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:47 am

For as long as I can remember, Morphy Auctions has included bogus fantasy, incorrectly restored and reproduction machines without identifying them as such; then they ignore expert input advising them.
Bidder beware!

One can, of course, find some great machines at their auctions, they are, after all, one of the most well known for coinop,
just be prepared to pay top dollar.
nvmos2

Postby altort » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:55 pm

unfoutunately you are correct nvmos2 Morphy is a for profit company, I contacted their customer support and told them all about that machine that they have misrepresented, that I know the consiner and also sent them pictures of mine and pointed out all the differences, they got back to me the next day with this reply
"Hello,
Thank you, Albert, we will add the change to the addendum.
Best,
Morphy Auctions
Customer Experience"
A week later and still no correction on the lot, that is not the only machine in that auction that is misrepresented, there are a few others, when Bill whelan was around he would make it a poit to expose all the fakes and fantasy machines
altort

Postby altort » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:13 pm

Well todays morphy's coin op auction is now over, lot 3356 the Superior Confection Amusement Delux Derby sold for $1800.00, less than their estimate, they did finaly put a partial correction

"CORRECTION: The machine is missing the marquee and the graphic playfield."

No mention at all about the totaly new cabinet, I notified them almost a month ago about this machine with all that was wrong in the listing, sent them pictures of mine to back up my claim.

Very little was done on threir end and much too late, several other machines that were misrepresented in the auction, so much for threir reputation!
altort

Previous

Return to Slots