Page 1 of 1
Steve or Ric here?

Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:51 pm
by nvmos2
Are Ric Gandy and Steve Alpert still around?
If yes, can anyone provide contact info?
I have some questions on trade stimulator tokens and those 2 know more about the subject than anyone else I know of.
Re: Trade Stimulator Tokens

Posted:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:51 pm
by Ric Gandy
I am still around, but have not been active in this hobby for a long time. I still keep a copy of Steve Alpert's book on or near my desk. It is my understanding that still passed away years ago. I still have most of my trade stimulators, slot machines, and vintage coin op tokens. I got your message about the cigarette pack trade stimulator tokens where the number is inside of a triangle on both sides of the token. IF I knew what specific machine these tokens were used in, I have no current memory of that. It may be that it was not a machine specific token, but some generic token a local operator had made up to identify and use in his own machines. Sorry I could not be of more help. Ric Gandy
Re: Steve or Ric here?

Posted:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:32 am
by nvmos2
Ric; It's good to hear from you!
Yes the tokens with triangle are generic; do not have a machine or company name on them. I have about 40 that I found in a Tokette, but, of course, that does not necessarily mean that Sanders supplied them with the machine.
Did Western supply their machines (ToT, Whooperdoo, others?) with distinctive branded tokens? I have a stash of hundreds of trade stimulator tokens but just 1 that has the Western name (on both sides) for Free Plays. I assume it was supplied by Western with one of their machines, but if they did that, I would think that there would be more of their tokens surviving.
Last question; did Daval supply two versions of their generic tokens?
Out of a couple hundred of them, I see the words "for" and "Packs" are placed differently; I have a large number of each version.
I assume Daval supplied two versions of their generic token over the years, or did you think there was another company that used a look-alike token?
Thanks
Re: Steve or Ric here?

Posted:
Tue Jun 03, 2025 9:11 am
by nvmos2
Update;
Western did in fact provide their own embossed tokens with their name on them;
I picked up a handful with a ToT trade stimulator recently.

- Western token
Re: Steve or Ric here?

Posted:
Tue Jun 03, 2025 9:50 am
by 63mini
There is a lot of 16 currently on eBay if you need more. Not mine.
Re: Steve or Ric here?

Posted:
Tue Jun 03, 2025 1:11 pm
by nvmos2
63mini wrote:There is a lot of 16 currently on eBay if you need more. Not mine.
Yes; Thanks;
The seller sold a similar lot of Western tokens a month or so ago. Prior to that, he sold a Western trade stimulator with no tokens. Personally, I would have included at least some correct tokens with the trade stimulator rather than sell them separate for a few extra bucks.