Mills Copper clip in Escalator and on Clock mount ???

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Mills Copper clip in Escalator and on Clock mount ???

Postby dsc5 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi All, Does anyone know what the purpose/function is of the paper thin copper clip secured by 2 screws on the end of the Mills escalator and the larger thin clip on the corner mounting screw of the clock mount in the mech ???......My guess is it was their attempt at grounding for static electricity shocks ? I am stumped...........
dsc5

Re: Mills Copper clip in Escalator and on Clock mount ???

Postby atac » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:12 am

They are both spring "guides" - the escalator one is officially named the "coin advance bar clip" (basically a retainer for the coin advance bar) and the lower one does the same thing for the slide release lever. I couldn't find the official name for it.
atac

Postby RameGoom » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:08 pm

The material is actually Beryllium Copper, and alloy, that is a spring material. It's much harder than copper, and is used to hold the coin in a certain position in the escalator. Probably to keep it from dropping too soon. It maintains its spring tension and shape.

Hope that makes sense.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby dsc5 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Thanks Gents, I really appreciate it !!!....mystery solved
dsc5

Return to Just Chatting