mech compatability?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

mech compatability?

Postby mr bandit » Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

hi there, my question is: can a mills mech from an fok vendor front from the 1920's fit inside a watling lincoln deluxe style vendor front case? thanks.
mr bandit

Lincoln Delux

Postby watlingboy » Thu May 05, 2011 12:25 pm

I would think that would be almost impossible to put that mech in a Watling case and have it work and "Why?" would you want to do that?

Watlingboy
watlingboy

mech compatability?

Postby mr bandit » Thu May 05, 2011 1:39 pm

hi watlingboy, the reason i asked is because a machine was listed on ebay in the UK which for sure looked like a watling lincoln deluxe cabinet with an unusual torch front design on the lower front casting. the seller was adamant that this was a mills machine, even though there is a large "W" on the top casting. so i was wondering if it was possible to put a mills mech inside a watling case. i was pretty sure this could not be done. the pictures the seller listed were quite vague. within the last couple of hours i got a glimpse of the mech and to my amazement, the mech is watling but has mills tin reel strips on it! no doubt this is why the seller was convinced it was by mills! maybe he thought the "W" on the top was in fact an "M" if you look at it from the back :-)
ive never seen a lower front casting like this on a watling before. see what you think.
Attachments
fruitslots-0003.jpg
fruitslots-0022.jpg
IMAG0081.jpg
mr bandit

mills or wartling

Postby coppinpr » Fri May 06, 2011 7:03 am

I'm in the UKand had a look at this machine and as suspected it was a Wartling mech with Millls tin reel strips, I tried to get the machine cheap (it needed work) but no go. the jackpots were in situ so the machine had been converted from the vendor front to jackpot at some time, I would have thought this was done for the UK market as we never used the vendor fronts BUT the machine was on USA coinage BUT then again the coin entry had a different paint color to the case,so a bit of a mixed bag really
coppinpr

watling case

Postby mr bandit » Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 am

the jackpots must be false. there is nowhere for the coins to go to fill it up.
Attachments
fruitslots-0011.jpg
jackpot??
fruitslots-0012.jpg
inside the case
mr bandit

jackpots

Postby coppinpr » Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am

that photo of the case would make you think so but the photos of the mech out of the case show the jackpot unit in situ on the mech ,another reason why I think although its a Wartling mech its not the original one,like i said ,a bit of a mixed bag
coppinpr

Re: mech compatability?

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:13 am

Another one of these revamps has turned up in the UK in the same configuration;
Watling top casting, unknown Display only JP front.

Anyone here know who made this JP front?
nvmos2

Return to Just Chatting