Fantastic Find?????

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Fantastic Find?????

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:32 pm

Hey everyone, just thought I would post a photo of my latest find.

Not sure if this qualifies as a fantastic find or not but I think it is pretty cool. The castings have some surface rust on them but the mechanism and wheels are in excellent condition. I hope I look this good when I am 95 years old :D. In addition, she still had the original keys to both the back and the coin head :blob2:.

I bought this from an 80 year old lady who said the machine belonged to her father and he had it ever since she could remember.

The actual process of convincing the lady to sell it to me and me getting the physical machine (because I did not want to ship it) is a pretty long story. I will say that part of the story involved me driving over 1,000 miles in a single day at speeds well over 100 mph :iroc: . Here is a picture of the machine in my car (the machine is wrapped in the pink blanket).

She said this used to be on a gambling steam ship that ran on Lake Superior around 1910. In case you are wondering, I did not steal it. She got a very good price for it.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Rick-okc » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:54 am

Dave,
Yes, this qualifies as a fantastic find!!!!!
Rick-okc

Qualifies

Postby TJ » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:22 pm

Absolutely, and glad you gave a fair price. A few people I regret admitting I know would only qualify that as a fantastic find if they were able to convince the seller that it was worthless, and have her pay them to take it off her hands. :cry: Sorry for being sarcastic, and exagerating a bit. Oh, by the way nice car, and they will easily go well over 100MPH. A great way to ship great finds.
TJ

Return to Just Chatting