Help Identifying my Vintage Poker Machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Help Identifying my Vintage Poker Machine

Postby charlesorosz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:09 am

Hi All,

I'm a new member from Montreal QC, and last night i was digging around the basement when I stumbled upon an old poker machine. I'd never really seen it before, and honestly I don't know where it came from :lol: . I went to plug it in, and I could right away hear it working in the case, but nothing came up on the screen. I tried searching the internet for similar machines, but can't seem to find one.

Inside the door at the back of the machine, there is a stamp that reads: "P.V.C. Inc. Manufacturier" followed by a serial number.

I'm not sure i'll be able to keep the machine, let alone fix the screen issue, but any information you guys might have on it and what it might be worth would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
\
Attachments
94529036_605544293368772_8593610091867930624_n.jpg
94624929_228769328377205_3166016502088335360_n.jpg
charlesorosz

Re: Help Identifying my Vintage Poker Machine

Postby MONTI » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:53 am

My guess is that it is an early video game for amusement that probably came out manufactured by a small start up company trying to cash in on the video amusement market about the time of DIG DUG, Mario Bros., Etc., 1970's, ish????
The company name does not show up in my search, maybe a photo of the manufacturers tag would be interesting!
I don't see any way it would pay out on a win other than possibly in game credits like the earlier for amusement only video games you would find in the Early Arcades that came into play following pinball, Etc.
As for the CRT, cathode ray tube, screen lighting up it could be the fly-back for the CRT or a capacitor in the power supply but DO NOT fiddle with it when it is plugged in as you could get a nice "hair raising" jolt to light up your life from the flyback/rear of the CRT! LOL
If your lucky it could just be a blown fuse but again, don't have it plugged in when you go looking for the fuses! Just Sayin'!
The fact that you mentioned you heard it working, you probably heard the hum of the high voltage drop-down transformer or the ventilation fan that looks to be located on the left side of the cabinet as those early games had a fairly basic Integrated Circuit Board for their operation!
Value depends on if someone collects early video games which there are a few people who do!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Return to Just Chatting