Help identifying brand of gumball slot machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Help identifying brand of gumball slot machine

Postby abrio99 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi all, I am trying to figure what brand this five reel trade stimulator gum ball slot machine is (see photos). It looks similar to the Buckley machines, but has no written brand on it. It has an eagle on the back and says "Made in the USA". Would anyone potentially be able to recognize the brand? Also- any idea how much it might be worth? Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Attachments
IMG_9675.JPG
IMG_9687.JPG
IMG_9674.JPG
abrio99

Re: Help identifying brand of gumball slot machine

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:13 pm

You have one of the many variations of the Groetchen Pok-O-Reel trade stimulators from about 1933. They were found in 3 or 5 reel variations with and without gum vender.
They are nice collectible machines; yours has been spray bombed, is missing the top marque and I think the reel strips have been replaced.
I don't know what the little window and knob on the right front is for or what it does, but I doubt very much it is original to the machine. I assume you use the knob to select your horse number in the little window; if you can change it after the reels have stopped, you know it's bogus.

190199711375.jpg
nvmos2

Re: Help identifying brand of gumball slot machine

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:59 pm

This horse race themed machine is now listed on flebay with a starting bid of $749 (not a typo) or make offer plus shipping.
nvmos2

Return to Just Chatting