Dave Berten?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Dave Berten?

Postby shortrackskater » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:50 am

Since I started this thread, he was still on eBay but not responding. I had tried by email, then through eBay messaging. I was originally thinking he had left the business because literally months had passed and I never heard back. Usually it can be a week or so. Then I was just concerned about his welfare. Glad he's active again. He's one of a kind.
Still I'm quite hesitant to just wrap up an antique lock and mail it out unknowingly for re-keying. I hope he'll eventually respond here. 8)
shortrackskater

Postby oldpinguy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 am

Actually, I emailed Dave a few weeks ago and he replied within an hour or two. Sent him a lock and key on a Monday and he returned it with duplicated key by Friday. I was pleasantly surprised. So, I guess it is just hit and miss with Dave. Apparently he is very busy.
oldpinguy

Postby sam2002 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48 am

Pretty sure he has returned to ebah as thunderfivefive, either that or someone is impersonating him.
sam2002

Postby brazoot1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:52 am

Dave Berten is a "stand up" guy, as was his father (Bernie) who passed away several years ago. Dave is now taking care of his mother, anyone who has had to care for an elderly parent knows how difficult it is. A full time job. He is also trying to keep his business going so he can pay all his bills. Please be patient, he will respond, just give him a little extra time to get back to you. Dave Berten is an honest good person.
brazoot1

Postby shortrackskater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:06 am

Thanks for the update on Dave.
My intent starting this tread was NEVER to question his honesty. It was simply that I was concerned about him and what had happened. I was actually worried.
So I hope others don't ever question his honesty, integrity, etc.
I know what it's like to care for an elderly parent. I spend many years helping my mom so she didn't have to move out of her home: weekly multiple doctor appts, shopping, yards, house repairs, etc.
I think it's honorable he's doing that and running the business as well.
shortrackskater

Postby Chendrix » Thu May 13, 2021 1:07 pm

I would appreciate it if some of the guys on here that Dave actually communicates with would drop him a note (or call) and let him know that my orders that I paid for in March and April of last year have yet to arrive. Since I haven't gotten any response from him since Sept 23 (when he told me to "Relax, I'm doing my best here"), I would appreciate a quick refund for the stuff he never sent. It doesn't take long, and I've sourced and received the parts elsewhere (while I was relaxing).

I ask this favor because at one time, he claimed my emails were going to his SPAM folder.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Chendrix

Postby shortrackskater » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Anyone heard from Dave? I wonder what was or is going on?? All this is NOT like him. Hope he's ok.
There was an inquiry on Newlifegames regarding Vest Pocket locks.
shortrackskater

Postby oldslotman » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:53 pm

shortrackskater wrote:Anyone heard from Dave? I wonder what was or is going on?? All this is NOT like him. Hope he's ok.
There was an inquiry on Newlifegames regarding Vest Pocket locks.

Just got some springs from him a couple weeks ago.
oldslotman

Postby wallruss001 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:17 am

I have been e-mailing back and forth with Dave recently on some Sega parts, no problem.
wallruss001

Postby sutty » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:10 am

New to the forum, and came here in search of information regarding Dave Berten. Interesting that I found this thread as others can be found elsewhere with similar information. It seems to be hit and miss as to whether you have success with Dave or not. Personally, I placed an order with Dave mid April, 21, and have yet to receive any items.

Worse, I've yet to have a single reply, mailing from two different accounts, also to two different accounts, to any of my post order progress requests. Pre order, communication was simple and clear, with Dave helping me to create my list of required parts. Post order, not one reply to many requests for progress information. I used two accounts, pondering if I might have an issue with one mail address, so I used my other. I then discovered his ebay account, the thunderfive address, so I repeated my queries there, but to no avail. Not a peep, and still no sign of my order.

I've written off the money now, though I did jus try filing a paypal dispute, but the process seems to start by just emailing Dave anyway, so let's see.

Oh well, the money isn't a big deal, but the items I need is. If he would just reply, and say, anything, it would be good, but alas nothing.

Web site seems to have disappeared now too.

EDIT: Unsurprisingly, case refused, due to expired deadline of 180 days. As I said, money not a big deal, so I will continue to look elsewhere for alternatives.
sutty

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting