Dave Berten?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Re: Dave Berten?

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Just heard from Dave yesterday afternoon. He injured his shoulder and a few other things going on. He's slowly working through orders so hang in there.
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby capt7310 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Just checked with Dave on Ebay and he is no longer with Ebay he's basically unregistered. I hope all is OK he's a great guy and a asset to this hobby.
capt7310

Postby oldslotman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 pm

Dave is on a different web site. He has had a lot of trouble with ebay. I think the new site bonanza auctions
oldslotman

Postby capt7310 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:02 am

I tried that site and nothing and I also emailed him at his email address, a few days ago and still nothing..Hope is alright
capt7310

Postby flyingfred » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:59 am

I just firmed up an order with Dave on Wednesday December 2 so my emails are being handled back and forth with no unusual delays. I will post here when I receive my parts.

-Fred-
flyingfred

Postby capt7310 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:54 am

Yes just got an email yesterday from Dave he ran into some unfortunate issues with Ebay so he had to regroup, and as oldslotsman stated he is going to be selling on Bonanza. He said he should be back up an selling within the next few weeks. So all good
capt7310

Postby nhsodaman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:03 am

Yes Dave is now selling at Bonanza.com as thunderfivefive He has a large listing of slot parts for sale
nhsodaman

Postby 5$ed » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Be patient with Dave he will get back to you. Bernie had a lot of inventory to go through . I couln't imagine doing it myself, this stuff takes time
5$ed

Postby MONTI » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:34 am

5$ed wrote:Be patient with Dave he will get back to you. Bernie had a lot of inventory to go through . I couln't imagine doing it myself, this stuff takes time

I must agree whole heartily with all the BE-PATIENT comments, as having been involved in this field for over 45 years now and dealing with Bernie Berten, Dave's father, and then Dave after his taking over of the company in all that time I have nothing but GOOD THINGS to say about their operation since the 70's!
1. Dave's recently leaving EBAY, through no fault of his own due to their handling of his account and after fighting them for months then transferring his complete online inventory to BONANZA, which being in slot & parts sales myself I must say is a great undertaking of time as in today's times where a computer is supposed to make life more easier to handle it is also very time consuming as I myself must limit my time on my computer or I get no actual physical work done in my shop!
2. As mentioned above, he is a ONE MAN operation and I praise him for his due diligence but he is juggling a lot of balls so please be mindful of this!
3. Last but not least, yes, he has had physical issues this last year and being one of the OLD TIMERS in this field as I am also, us old farts do not always move as quick as we did!
I communicated with him last Thursday and fully understand what is going on as I myself do not deal anymore with EBAY so I fully understand the recent situation that he is going thru!
So please forgive me for getting on my soap box but we all should respect the Old Timers involved in this hobby, of which there are many, too many to name but you know who you are!
May You All Stay Healthy in today's world!
BONA FORTUNA!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:57 am

MONTI wrote:
5$ed wrote:Be patient with Dave he will get back to you. Bernie had a lot of inventory to go through . I couln't imagine doing it myself, this stuff takes time

I must agree whole heartily with all the BE-PATIENT comments, as having been involved in this field for over 45 years now and dealing with Bernie Berten, Dave's father, and then Dave after his taking over of the company in all that time I have nothing but GOOD THINGS to say about their operation since the 70's!
1. Dave's recently leaving EBAY, through no fault of his own due to their handling of his account and after fighting them for months then transferring his complete online inventory to BONANZA, which being in slot & parts sales myself I must say is a great undertaking of time as in today's times where a computer is supposed to make life more easier to handle it is also very time consuming as I myself must limit my time on my computer or I get no actual physical work done in my shop!
2. As mentioned above, he is a ONE MAN operation and I praise him for his due diligence but he is juggling a lot of balls so please be mindful of this!
3. Last but not least, yes, he has had physical issues this last year and being one of the OLD TIMERS in this field as I am also, us old farts do not always move as quick as we did!
I communicated with him last Thursday and fully understand what is going on as I myself do not deal anymore with EBAY so I fully understand the recent situation that he is going thru!
So please forgive me for getting on my soap box but we all should respect the Old Timers involved in this hobby, of which there are many, too many to name but you know who you are!
May You All Stay Healthy in today's world!
BONA FORTUNA!
MONTI

Well done Monti for explaining this.
Its not just the US, he is dealing with collectors all over Europe as well!
Packing up parts from a huge Inventory is very time consuming, Being a Sole Trader myself, I don't envy him one bit!
He is trying to do the right thing and help collectors WORLDWIDE to complete their machines from his fathers vast Inventory, GOOD FOR HIM!
Patience is a VIRTUE!
clubconsoles

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting