MILLS $1 HIGH TOP INFORMATION NEEDED

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

MILLS $1 HIGH TOP INFORMATION NEEDED

Postby rtmccurdy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Hello-Just doing a little informal research on Mills $1 High Top slot machines. If I understand correctly, the general consensus is that they were an aftermarket item and not created by by the Mills Co. (or were they by special order?) I noticed that Mills Sales Co., Oakland, CA (Gordon Mills, cousin to Fred, know for "improving" and distributing the problematic Mills Dice machines in 1937-39) advertised that they were offering a "Dollar Bell" in a 1948 issue of "The Cash Box" magazine. Were they also credited with creating the "Leap Frog" escalator? (Monti?) What I would ask is that those of you who own $1 High Tops take a picture of the front exterior and the front of the mechanism. Also anyone who has been in the repair business for a long time and has worked on this denomination High Top, please feel free to add information. Thanks in advance! Robert
rtmccurdy

Re: MILLS $1 HIGH TOP INFORMATION NEEDED

Postby radiorich123 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:36 am

Here is one Mills $1.00 slot
Attachments
MVC-003F.JPG
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Re: MILLS $1 HIGH TOP INFORMATION NEEDED

Postby CWCadillac » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:11 pm

Here are some pics of my $1 Hightop with the Leap Frog escalator......its in an original Regal stand and also has the Handload jackpot....
Attachments
P1080623.JPG
P1080625.JPG
CWCadillac

Return to Just Chatting