Coin-op show in Tennessee??????

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Coin-op show in Tennessee??????

Postby Rick-okc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'd like to get your opinion on something.
Now that Tennessee will be legal for ownership of antique gaming devices 25 years old or older starting July 1st, I was thinking, would any of you be interested in a Coin-op show down here in Tennessee? I'm thinking perhaps an annual event, maybe late summer or early fall (Sep or Oct). I don't want to interfere with Chicagoland's show dates. My initial thought is to have it in central Tennessee somewhere close to the Nashville area. Something very similar to the way Chicagoland is structured, Friday thru Sunday show, early viewing Friday morning as vendors are setting up with outside vendors, Saturday/Sunday inside vendors only. Special rates for hotel rooms, food available at the show. Central Tennessee is centrally located and easy to get to. Weather should be very nice (no snow or ice). I'm curious how many vendors would be willing to give it a try. Same for the patrons. Vendor fees and ticket prices will be very similar to Chicagoland.

Please let me know what you think.

Rick
Rick-okc

Re: Coin-op show in Tennessee??????

Postby Walter Newton » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29 am

It could work.

But my advice to you would be to get input from known dealers, to see if they would be interested.

And then think about what your public campaign would be like. This seems to me to be a good opportunity to create a LOT of first time buyers, people who would have never given a thought to owning a slot machine.

Come up with some clever marketing campaign, a good title and tag line (like " The Reel Legal Show," "Slot machines for you game room or mancave." (is the term "rumpus room" used in that part of the country?)

Anyway.

Decide on a possible marketing plan first.

Sell that plan to the dealers.

Everything after that will fall into place.
Walter Newton

Postby saloonkpr » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:44 am

Ric..Could this be Scheduled at the Same time as the 3 Antique fairs in Nashville ? People could do Antiquing , Plus Take in ONE of the Great Shows In Nashville..
saloonkpr

Postby Rick-okc » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:44 am

Thanks Walter and Saloonkpr for the great suggestions. We're still entertaining the idea of putting on a show around here but are very cautious. These things are crazy expensive to put on.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby radiorich123 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:31 am

Well why dont you try to set up a coin op swap meet for the first event and see how it works for you.

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby Rick-okc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks Rich. Good suggestion.

Rick
Rick-okc

Postby firefox1 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:44 am

Hello,
I think a coin op show somewhere between Chicago and Miami would be an option for another show. I am willing to be an exhibitor. However, my opinion Nashville is a bit close to the Chicago show. Consider taking an opinion survey from collectors and dealers. Accommodations are also important for exhibitors and buyers that travel a distance. Good luck!
firefox1

Postby PeppiB » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi Rick:

Great job in Tenn. You and I discussed the possibility of having a show in Tennessee while you were working on legalization in Tenn. I think that this is a great idea - weather far better than the fall show in Chicago, and it's a much more central location than the Chicago show, close to Nashville with great entertainment. I, for one, will attend this function and salute you for your work on this project.

PeppiB
PeppiB

Postby Walter Newton » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:10 pm

PeppiB wrote:Hi Rick:

Great job in Tenn. You and I discussed the possibility of having a show in Tennessee while you were working on legalization in Tenn. I think that this is a great idea - weather far better than the fall show in Chicago, and it's a much more central location than the Chicago show, close to Nashville with great entertainment. I, for one, will attend this function and salute you for your work on this project.

PeppiB

Someone (maybe Rick), needs to inform the powers to be at Ebay that the disclaimer for states/machines needs to be updated.
Walter Newton

Postby Rick-okc » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Thanks for the comment FireFox1. The reason I'm looking in the Nashville area is because I live here. I'm quickly learning how intricate and labor intensive it is trying to put a show like Chicagoland. Trying to do this long distance would be damn near impossible. I have a spot picked out that I think will be a great place for the show. The main thing I'm looking for now is backers. It's expensive doing one of these shows.

Rick
Rick-okc

Next

Return to Just Chatting