Sellers who never respond

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Sellers who never respond

Postby Catman88 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:51 am

Does anyone have any idea why people list their items for sale and then never respond to the inquiries? I have dealt with this many times with all kinds of items through the years, for example someone will list a slot machine on Craig's list, the only contact is to copy and paste the email link, they don't give a phone number and never respond to the email and the listing stays on for months never being sold.

One has to wonder, is this a scam just to collect email addresses. If you have any idea why people are doing this, inquiring minds would like to know, because it sure gets to be frustrating and is a waste of our time.
Catman88

Re: Sellers who never respond

Postby atac » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:37 pm

If it was for the 1-star chief listed on several craigslist sites last week, it's a total scam. I was local and they didn't want local contact, they wanted out of state, pay by venmo to be shipped.
atac

Postby Catman88 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:53 pm

atac wrote:If it was for the 1-star chief listed on several craigslist sites last week, it's a total scam. I was local and they didn't want local contact, they wanted out of state, pay by venmo to be shipped.

I'm searching in California and I run into this problem consistently. Is there a way to report these sellers that never respond so the add gets taken down. All I see is a flag above the listing but no where to leave a comment letting Craigslist know the problem.

The adds I look at say local pick up but they just won't respond back to emails.
Catman88

Postby MJFHouston » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:11 am

In a world of Scams not everything is a scam. Yes there are a lot, but I have also found that a lot of people don't know how to navigate the web and have found that people tell me a lot of the Craig's list emails end up going to spam and they never know. Also I have people tell me they don't know how to cancel their ad after the item sold and they just leave it posted till it expires. And then there are the ones that will tell you it sold and they don't care that the ad is still posted.

Everyone is different
MJFHouston

Return to Just Chatting