New Jersey Sellers

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

New Jersey Sellers

Postby capt7310 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:10 am

So I need to find out if it's the water or the air in NJ or people just don't have any conscience. I've been using Facebook market place and yesterday I drove 5 hrs to look at a QT. The women who was selling it said it's been in the family for years and it's a perfect machine, blah blah,. I get to the house and look at the machine and when I take the front casting off there is JB weld down the whole side, I look at her and explain I just drove 5hrs for a machine that's crap and not worth 800 bucks, response "I didn't know" BS you open the machine to take out the 2 bucks worth of nickels and you didn't know that 8" black line an inch wide was strange for a machine that's been in the family forever. I looked at her shook my head and said you really need to honest and describe what your selling. A guy in NJ had a Operators Bell up for sale 550 bucks I just happened to respond 38 minutes into his post. Told him I was interested but coming from a distance. He stated you're the first to respond so you have first shot, which is the right thing to do. We agree on a price and done deal "right". No 20 mins after "it's Mine" he tells me Oh I'm sorry but a local wants it. A month ago again in NJ this guy had this most horrible gold and green painted Poinsettia that was a mess up on Facebook for more than 2 months, I reached out to him we agreed on a price and again he said "it's yours". I short time later while I'm on the road he calls me to tell me someone offered him more money and he was sorry but it was strictly business and sold it for 50 bucks more . Then over the summer same thing 50 cent Jennings we agree on a price and again he calls me to tell me the Jackpot isn't working and doesn't want to sell it, but we talked for 2 days prior and everything was working perfect and now it's not, however I did find out he got more money for it. I just don't get it. Whatever happened to being a stand up guy and keeping your word and being honorable, in my short time in this hobby, which I really enjoy I see more and more people that have no "Moral Compass" whether you buying something or selling something, there are a few guys I've meet and dealt with that have been in this hobby for more than 40+ years and are great and those are the one's that I strictly deal with. I guess it must be "Covid" after all everything today is blamed on Covid.
capt7310

Re: New Jersey Sellers

Postby radiorich123 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:06 am

HI I am in NEW JERSEY and have been selling slots and antique radios for 40 years and all my customers was pleased with their purchases. There are some bad sellers on the internet or they do not research their item before they list it. I feel for you time and gas to look at a bad deal.
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:01 am

Your story can be repeated by every single collector / dealer who has been buying machines.

It is not a NJ thing, it is a fact of life thing.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby mechanic » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:51 pm

I'VE NOTICED THAT FARCEBOOK SIGHT IS LOADED WITH HUSTLERS, SCAMMERS, ANTIQUE DEALERS AND SELF PROCLAIMED EXPERTS ON SLOTS. THE SAD THING IS THAT IN A FEW MORE YEARS MANY OF THESE PEOPLE WILL DISAPPEAR AND THE TRUE COLLECTORS AND NEW ENTHUSIASTS WILL BE STUCK WITH OVERPRICED AND JB WELD LADEN MACHINES. MANY WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH THE HOBBY DUE TO THE FEW WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE. SO IF YOU SEE A MACHINE LOADED WITH JB WELD OR LITHIUM GREASE RUN !!!!!!!! ACTUAL LEGIT PEOPLE WILL NOT USE THIS STUFF ALONG WITH A FEW OTHER THINGS THEY DO THAT I WILL NOT MENTION AT THIS TIME.
mechanic

Return to Just Chatting