Phony Bird of Paradise on E-Bay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Phony Bird of Paradise on E-Bay

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:41 pm

Yet another grossly misrepresented machine is on E-Bay. The listing # is 6255052163 and a link to the listing is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6255052163&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT

This time it is a Bird Of Paradise. It is being listed by an "ISoldIt" store which is a chain of stores that sells stuff on E-Bay for people.

I contacted the store and told them about their machine. I also told them where to go to see what a legitimate Bird looks like.

Their first response was "as you know this isnt my machine and i list them as best as i can. you can also contact the winning bidder and let them know its a fake if ebay doesnt end it. "

It looks like ISoldIT knows that E-Bay does not care about fakes and that they will take no action.

I then sent the ISoldIt store another email asking some more questions.

Here was their response:

"Its an original not a reproduction 100% sure of that. It may not be a gold award, I listed it to the best of my ability. Thanks and yes you can put my name in anything you publish."

The email of the store is service.ca022@i-soldit.com and the email of iSoldIt's home office is franchising@i-soldit.com

Thanks goes out to WatlingBoy for mentioning this machine earlier.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Site Admin

Phoney Bird

Postby watlingboy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:50 pm

I e-mailed the high bidder and told him the machine had a Mills mech in it and it was all messed up. I said if you are aware of all this, please disregard this notice. I see he retracted his bid. I will move onto the next guy.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Re: Phoney Bird

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:08 pm

watlingboy wrote:I e-mailed the high bidder and told him the machine had a Mills mech in it and it was all messed up. I said if you are aware of all this, please disregard this notice. I see he retracted his bid. I will move onto the next guy.

Watlingboy

Feel free to add a link to this thread in your note to him.

The link is http://ibuyoldslots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=767#767

That way they will know you are not just someone trying to get people to cancel their bids so you can bid on it.

You might also CC the ISOLDIT owner and the franchise office.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:42 pm

Dave wrote:
watlingboy wrote:I e-mailed the high bidder and told him the machine had a Mills mech in it and it was all messed up. I said if you are aware of all this, please disregard this notice. I see he retracted his bid. I will move onto the next guy.

Watlingboy

That way they will know you are not just someone trying to get people to cancel their bids so you can bid on it.

I just sent an email to the ISoldIt home office mentioning an article that I am in the process of writing about reproduction collectibles being sold on E-Bay.

It will be interesting to see if they have any comment about this and if they condone the actions of misrepresenting antiques & collectibles.

If I don't hear from them I will assume they have no problem with their franchises selling misrepresented itens even when they know better.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby 777 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 pm

Dave wrote:
Dave wrote:

Watlingboy

I just sent an email to the ISoldIt home office mentioning an article that I am in the process of writing about reproduction collectibles being sold on E-Bay.

It will be interesting to see if they have any comment about this and if they condone the actions of misrepresenting antiques & collectibles.

If I don't hear from them I will assume they have no problem with their franchises selling misrepresented itens even when they know better.

Does anyone in this forum know anyone associated with the press? This might be a good human interest story that a newspaper might like to run.

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:46 pm

Well, I did not get an reply from the home office of I-SOLDIT.com so it looks like they don't have a problem with their franchises misrepresenting the items they sell.

I also see there is a new high bidder for this thing.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby 777 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:49 pm

Well, the auction is over and some poor sucker paid almost $1,700 for this thing.

I wonder when it will show up on E-Bay again.

Return to E-Bay