Fraudulent Polk on ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Fraudulent Polk on ebay

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:11 am

I am putting this in the COPS area because I don't want it to be wide open to the public until after the auction.

OK, so I am the high bidder right now on the fraudulent Polk listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Frank-Polk-Bandit-Slot-Machine-Original-Mills-/251662338387?. :-D

I am going to remain the high bidder on it to see what happens. If ebay cancels it I want to see what they say. If he cancels it I want to see what he says.

If I end up being the high bidder I will tell him to ship it either COD or I will have a friend who is also a COP pick it up and pay him.

If the bidding gets really high I might cancel all my bids just before the auction ends and it will fall back to the $2,200 level.

Please do not tell him about this forum.

This will be interesting.

Once all of this shakes out I will move this particular thread to the public area of the forum.
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Fraudulent Polk on ebay

Postby mrcoin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Outstanding!
mrcoin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Dave:
This should prove to be very interesting. Only thing is, did you register a complaint with eBay,
like several of us others did? If you did, it might send up a red flag with eBay, wondering why
you are bidding on a 'supposedly Fake auction'. I was thinking of bidding as well, but decided
not to, because I had sent several notices to them, regarding both machines.

What really boggles my mind, is that the Watling is outrunning the Polk. Most of the seasoned
collectors know what Polk's would bring. Apparently they are all reading this auction the same
as we are. "That the $2,500 'take-it-away' figure, smells awfully fishy". On the other hand, the
Watling bypassed the BIN figure, long ago. #-o
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Nope. I did not register a complaint.

I am sure the guy wants to be paid via western union.

I will tell him I will do it once he gives me a positive feedback.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby oldpinguy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Anybody else notice the photo on the wall behind the Bandit. Looks like a picture of three more Polk carvings. Maybe he is planning to list those next, if he can successfully scam someone on this one. :?
oldpinguy

Postby Bob K » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that if you cancel your bid, the next highest bid below yours becomes the high bid.
Bob K

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Well, the listing ended while I was the high bidder.

The email I received from ebay was the seller ended it due to inaccurate information in the listing. I am pretty sure eBay did NOT terminate the listing.

What I suspect is happening is the seller ended the listing and is telling potential marks that he ended the listing so he can sell it directly to them.

I sent him an email earlier asking how much for the two machines and he said $4,500 delivered.

I expect to get an email from him shortly saying he killed the listing so he could sell it directly to me.

It will be interesting to see what happens and if he does contact me how he will accept payment. I am guessing he will want a Western Union wire transfer.

Stay tuned.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:51 am

Dave wrote:Well, the listing ended while I was the high bidder.

The email I received from ebay was the seller ended it due to inaccurate information in the listing. I am pretty sure eBay did NOT terminate the listing.

What I suspect is happening is the seller ended the listing and is telling potential marks that he ended the listing so he can sell it directly to them.

I sent him an email earlier asking how much for the two machines and he said $4,500 delivered.

I expect to get an email from him shortly saying he killed the listing so he could sell it directly to me.

It will be interesting to see what happens and if he does contact me how he will accept payment. I am guessing he will want a Western Union wire transfer.

Stay tuned.

A Western Union Wire Transfer? :laughing8: "NO-WAY-JOSE"!
I just hope they nail this clown, before he snookers someone.
I have an unused Cement Overcoat, with a matching pair of Cement Shoes for sale.
No choice of color. Grey only. Just mention this forum, and you'll receive a 50% discount.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Well since the bidder has been removed from ebay and he won't return my emails I guess he has bolted.

I moved this thread from the COPS area to the public area since it appears he has gone away.

I was the high bidder when he canceled the listing. Not a word from him.

When ebay disabled his account, not a word from them.

I sent the scammer an email asking him if the machines were still available. Not a word.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Swami and the people on this forum should be commended for contacting ebay and hopefully shutting this guy down and preventing someone from getting screwed.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:09 pm

APPLAUSE!!!
Midcoast Vintage

Return to E-Bay