A very original Mills Vest pocket for sale

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

A very original Mills Vest pocket for sale

Postby shortrackskater » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:13 pm

This is, so far, the most original VP I've ever seen. Newer paint job, but the serial numbers match on the case and the chassis... unheard of. It's got a jackpot counter and the original Mills lock/key and cash can. He didn't know what he had, and I send numerous messages and he updated the listing. It really looks like it was just taken out of service early on and sat somewhere.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-Vest-Poc ... 4284255873?
shortrackskater

Re: A very original Mills Vest pocket for sale

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:49 am

Matching numbers on a VP are not entirely unheard of; I have one and know of another collector with one. Coincidentally, another one has just been been listed on feebay.

The mech number was just on a paper sticker like Mills' larger slots.
On those that still have a readable sticker, many, if not most, the mechs have indeed been swapped out to a different case.
On most VPs, however, the sticker is long gone, so it's impossible to say how many still have their original mech inside.
Unfortunately, this is not something that was tracked on the serial number lists.
nvmos2

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:37 am

Originality, condition, matching serials, etc. are a matter of personal preference. Refer to Watlingboy's recent sale of an original Vest Pocket in the "machines for sale" category. Certainly that machine could easily be deemed an outstanding original!
rtmccurdy

Postby atac » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi, I've had several nice original matching number vest pockets. Here's one I've kept--#47099. No rubber tip unlike George's...
Attachments
vest pocket.jpg
atac

Postby shortrackskater » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:59 pm

That's a great looking one! Thanks for the replies.
shortrackskater

Return to E-Bay