Ebay Scammer

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Ebay Scammer

Postby Walter Newton » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:03 am

collector1 wrote:IT APPEARS THAT SOME ONE ON OUR FORUM MAY KNOW HOW TO AT LEAST STIFLE THE HACKER AND ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN P.M. ME CAN AND WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE PROPER DEPARTMENT IN EBAY. I HAVEN'T LEARNED SO MUCH SINCE I STARTED TO READ THE FORUM POSTS AND THE INFORMATION I AM LEARNING IS REALLY OPENING MY EYES AS I AM ALSO A NON TECH PERSON. BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM NOW READING. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TRACE THE THREADS BACK TO THE SENDER? I WOULD LOVE TO GET RID OF THEM ONCE AND FOR ALL. I HATE LIARS (EVEN THE UNSPOKEN WORD) AND THIEVES WITH A PASSION. [-X :^o

I am quite sure, with an operation as large as Ebay, that its information technology department is well aware of what this person is doing, how he/she is doing it and they are probably more aware of the situation than I could be looking at things from this end.

It still doesn't make it any easier for Ebay to stop it.
Walter Newton

Postby saloonkpr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 am

Hi..I've been Dealing with ebay for 4 YEARS on This.. Someone or Group that is responsible for this is Probably from US or Asia . THEY COMMEDER ( HACK) OTHER PEOPLES SITES. After Following for this LONG, I,ve been able to Tell what there up to.. ALL the Listings are Just a Cover for what there trying to scam...ROLEX Watches..Last Weekend there were 8 Rolex watches that had listings Taken Off site ,Saying that the item is NO Longer for SALE..Yea Sold OFF ebay .Now out of that 8, I DON'T Know How Many Actually ( STUPIDLY ) sent a Wire Transfer. LAST Night I Contacted ebay 5 Times Trying to Get 3..YEA THREE Sites Down..SAME items with 3 DIFFERENT Sellers... The sellers ARE GOOD sellers, Their sites have been Hacked. The BEST we can do, Hit Help ,click hacked account hit contact , click call me , and speak to rep..Give them #'s + you can hit Report Item ,click listings, then click Freuluent listings, and click ,you Believe listings are Fradulant....UNFORTUNALLY Some Reps Could Care LESS..ebay REPS that ontact you from UK..They ARE The BEST...I GOT this Taken Down 3 TIMES LAST NIGHT..WHAT PISSES Me OFF IT Will be BACK UP TONIGHT...AND ebay employs a Skelton crew on Sundays...Sometimes Takes 24 HRS to Take DOWN..I've Been SCREAMING at ebay for Years with Little Results.. Happy Easter...John
saloonkpr

Postby Walter Newton » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:28 am

saloonkpr wrote: ... I,ve been able to Tell what there up to.. ALL the Listings are Just a Cover for what there trying to scam...ROLEX Watches ...

Not just Rolex watches.

Yes, you are correct, Rolex watches are one of the items that they offer for sale, well, really, offering real sellers Rolex watches, since the listing is a copy of a real sellers offering.

But that's not the end of it John.

As I said in my comment above, they are posting phony ads under MANY. MANY different categories.

And they are accepting direct sales on any of the items that they don't really own.

I assure you, it's not just watches.

It's any item in the over 8000 stolen listings that they put up in an instance, and they are usually trying to pop $2000 sales.

All they need is a few takers at any given time and they have made thousands of dollars, for items the buyer will never see.
Walter Newton

Postby saloonkpr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:43 am

I Know they List at times over 10 Thousand items at a Time But after Following them for years..It seems they Like to sell Rolex...What is Funny and I'm Sure is PISSING them OFF..Go to items, Click Highest..A FEW Bidders are Bidding up Items Over 1 Hundred Thousand...I would like to do that with the Rolexs...All it takes is ! new ebay a week to send 2 Thousand ...I'll be Speaking with ebay reps Tonight..There will be at least 2 Sites up Tonight
saloonkpr

Postby collector1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:21 pm

Fantastic,Great to hear that someone is Stepping up. =D>
collector1

Postby cpdretired » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:57 pm

I've been doing this for a couple of weeks. My best guess is 100,000. Most are 10,000 at a time that I reported . I report my eBay name.
cpdretired

Postby saloonkpr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:02 pm

It's 601 PM..There ALL back up AGAIN..
saloonkpr

Postby saloonkpr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 pm

2 DIFFERENT Sellers...Just went to Rolex ..Started reporting...16 min ..Both Sites DOWN...They be Back up by 9
saloonkpr

Postby collector1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:21 pm

I AM ON THE PHONE W/ EBAY RIGHT NOW.
WHAT IS THE HIJACKED NAME THEY ARE USING
PLEASE RESPOND.
collector1

Postby saloonkpr » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Every Time a Site Gets Compromised ( Hacked ) They Hack into a Different Sellers site..If They put up 10 times ..10 Differen't sellers...Their smart..Hate to Guess..Maybe Ex ebay employees.. Just a Guess.. SUNDAY Sucks...Hard to get taken down on Sundays..Skeleton Crew
saloonkpr

PreviousNext

Return to E-Bay