moving companies

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

moving companies

Postby midohioslotmachines » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Sometime ago, I read that someone posted a company for packing and shipping antique slot machines. I can not find it again. If someone know who they are
please forward the information. thanks so much
midohioslotmachines

Re: moving companies

Postby MONTI » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:53 am

Personally I have always had excellent experiences with FedEX as I take the slot machine to them and have them pack it which they do using a double walled wardrobe box cut down to the correct size in height for the slot machine which maintains a smaller dimension size as their pricing is based on physical dimensions of the item being shipped as well as weight! They also use an expandable foam packing product that completely surrounds the slot machine with contour shaping padding!
Having them package it they are completely responsible for the shipping and with the appropriate insurance applied has always worked me!
purchasing customers from around the States requiring slots being shipped have always been pleased with the packaging on arrival!
I have an account with FedEX which is very easy to set up and receive billing to my account after item has been shipped and received!
Just want to add that their pricing is also very reasonable as well!
Just my input on your question!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby Shane » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:18 am

I concur with MONTI. I had a machine shipped last year by FedEx - they did an excellent job packing and protecting it and it traveled cross country with no damage. Just make sure to have them cut down the box to the appropriate size as MONTI mentioned. I didn't request this and ended up paying over $400 due to the larger box dimensions.

Shane
Shane

Postby randyvw » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:26 am

how much does it bring it down to by cutting that wardrobe box down, i wonder? my big problem is figgering out how to ship a console, as i have about 10 to sell, so it's going to be expensive unless i get this right. to date i haven't heard of a good reliable option.
randyvw

Postby MONTI » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:39 am

randyvw wrote:how much does it bring it down to by cutting that wardrobe box down, i wonder? my big problem is figgering out how to ship a console, as i have about 10 to sell, so it's going to be expensive unless i get this right. to date i haven't heard of a good reliable option.

I don't have the actually dimension scale they use but as they measure height, depth and width and use a total dimensional measurement to achieve shipping cost in addition to weight going from a full size wardrobe box to one cut down places you in a different shipping bracket which makes a fairly large factor in pricing!
When I shipped the very first time with them and had a great FedEX employee explain this to me and offer to cut down the box to accomplish this I always go into the same FedEX location and always take the previous billing invoice and/or have them look it up on my account for the previous shipping information so the fee is always the same!
As I live in Quincy California and do service calls on slots in the Reno area I always time my shipping with service calls and always go to the same FedEX terminal in Reno as well!
If you do your homework on their rates they are the best way to go IMHO!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby saloonkpr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:12 pm

On Shipping....Imagine your working ..At usps , fedex, ups ... Here is the box you must move..and a Few other employees. It is a slot machine , weighing Between 70 and 100 lbs ( Or What ever ) Buy the Time You pick it up and Others ... .SOME DON"T Give a SHIT if They DROP IT...Double Box.. Plenty of packing.. AND CUT SOME Hand Holes on Side of Box .. NOW,.. the employee ..ONLY has TO LIFT the Box UP a FEW inches to MOVE IT.....Have Shipped Many Slots ( Fedex ) Never a Problem....Yea , I AM A PAST UPS HANDLER ....
saloonkpr

Postby randyvw » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:54 pm

great info here! thank you all.
randyvw

Postby grapeman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 pm

I recently purchased a slot machine in Washington state and need to get it to the SF bay area. Is anyone traveling that way that would be willing to accommodate for a fee?
Ken 707-363-1794
grapeman

Return to Slots