A favor to ask from the administrator of the coinop forum

This is the place to list any parts you no longer need. Odds are that someone needs that thing that has been cluttering up your garage for the last couple of years.

This is also the spot to advertise any parts you might be looking for.

A favor to ask from the administrator of the coinop forum

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:18 am

Hey everyone. It looks like the Russians have finally stopped trying to register bogus names on the forum so I am going to reduce the severe restrictions I had in place on new registrations.

The next thing is I want to ask a favor and this has nothing to do with coin-op so if this annoys you then I apologize. I am not asking for any money or anything like that.

As you know, a few years ago I asked for donations so my Corvette club could purchase toys for the local Children's hospital. Many donated and we used 100% of that money to buy toys for the kids.

The parent organization of our club is called NCCC (National Council of Corvette Clubs) and they brag about how much they give to charity.

A few years ago I started asking questions and the "executive board" started getting really nasty with me. So, naturally, I started digging deeper. :D

I found out that they were a 501-C3 organization and by-law they must post the tax returns on their website or make them available when asked.

They don't post their returns so I asked for them. It took almost a year and a complaint with the IRS to get them. Once I received them it was obvious why they didn't want me or any of their members to see them. In a 4 year period they sold over $150,000 in raffle tickets and gave none of the proceeds to any charity. Below is a chart I was able to do from looking at the tax returns.

The more I dug the more stuff I found. I even posted a YouTube video asking them lots of questions which they never responded to. If you care, the video is at https://youtu.be/uQos8UjJomY

Anyway, I have started an online petition asking them to follow the law and publicly post their tax returns.

I would like to ask you to think about signing the petition. If the petition site asks for a donation to promote the petition then ignore the donation request.

There are two things that really tick me off in life. The first is cruelty to animals, the other is taking money on behalf of a good charity and not giving it to them.

The petition is at https://www.change.org/p/nccc-president ... f226c9e0b4

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
NCCC Charity Giving.png
Dave
Site Admin

Re: A favor to ask from the administrator of the coinop foru

Postby Shane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:39 am

Just signed the petition.

Great work digging this up and exposing them. Aggravating that organizations cheat well meaning people out of their money.

Shane
Shane

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:48 am

Thanks. They were good intentions but bad management.

They held raffles for new Corvettes. They are supposed to give the charity the proceeds. In some good years they held money back. Tens of thousands of dollars. Then they didn't sell enough tickets to cover the cost of the car. Instead of not holding the raffle and refunding the tickets they used money that was supposed to go to the charity to pay for the car.

So in reality, in those years, the amount of money given to charity was actually negative. Essentially, the charity was help paying for a Corvette which was eventually given to a member of NCCC. The fact that it happened year after year after year is what made it so outrageous to me. In 2016 they collected more than enough money (over $9,000) to cover the car and only gave $35 to charity.

They also formed a separate 501-C3 organization to try and shield them from the charity going after them.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby leospanner » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Dave.. Have you checked for them on "guidestar.org" ? This is where all tax return information for all non-profit organizations is supposed to be posted. I agree with everyone that it's a terrible thing for non-profits to have so little of their proceeds go to the actual purpose it's supposed to help. It's amazing how much some of the more visual non-profits pay their employees and leadership. Some in the million dollar range.
leospanner

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:23 pm

Yes, I was able to find some of the returns on the Internet. Once they knew I had them and after I filed a complaint they sent them to me.

I am still waiting for the 2018 returns from them. I have asked on multiple occasions.

There is actually a question on the IRS Form about how they make their returns public and they leave that question blank.

They also threatened to sue me if I disclosed any of the information that is publicly available.

I talked to an attorney who is very plugged into 501-C3. He laughed and said if they do I have a great countersuit.

He also looked at the video and said there is nothing wrong (from a legal point of view) with it. He said it should be given to a reporter.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby randyvw » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 pm

the best antiseptic is the light of day. sounds like they richly deserve to be frog-marched off to the crossbar hotel. i agree with taking it to a reporter/newspaper/TVstation.
randyvw

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Well, since NCCC has not posted their tax returns on their web page I have filed another complaint with the IRS.

In addition, NCCC brags that they have donated over $500,000 to charity in the last 9 years on their web site (https://www.corvettesnccc.org/charity_p ... istory.pdf)

Another petition has been started asking them to hire an outside auditing firm to confirm this and if this statement is false they should cut a check for the difference.

The petition is at https://www.change.org/p/president-corv ... =993748404

If you agree with this please sign it as well.

Thanks
Dave
Site Admin

Postby clubconsoles » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:16 pm

All signed Dave.
Good luck!
FYI those two things you mentioned tick me off as well!
cheers
Nigel
clubconsoles

Postby firefox1 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:07 pm

A person in France wants to buy an antique slot machine. Do you know it’s legal in France to own and for me to ship antique slot machine to France? Regards C
firefox1

Postby gsx11r » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:28 am

Hello Firefox1
Slot machine is NOT legal in France.
Customs can keep and destroy the slot machine.
But there are some safe solution for send it to France .
I buy slot in USA since 20 years , just one problem with Customs on a lot of jackpot but with good ending !
So it s possible .
(And please post a new thread when you have a specifyc question like this one if you want more reply .)
Stephane
gsx11r

Next

Return to Parts Wanted and For Sale