Shipping from US to Australia

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Shipping from US to Australia

Postby Rick-okc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:22 pm

I'm looking for cheaper alternative ways to ship a parking meter, about 24 pounds, from Tennessee to Albany, Western Australia 6330.
Shipping is crazy expensive. Using their rate calculators, FedEx wants $528, UPS $514, DHL $450 and US Postal Svc wants $170.
While USPS is by far the cheaper option, that's still more than the price of the parking meter.
So, what are some alternative ways to ship something?
My first thought was to see if we could find someone that travels back and forth that would be willing to carry the meter with them, for a cheaper fee.
I even offered to hand carry the meter to my buyer, if he bought me round trip airfare. Maybe not cheaper, but I thought it was a good idea.
I know they have them going to China, but are there any slow boats to Australia?
Anybody got any other "real" ideas?

Rick
Rick-okc

Re: Shipping from US to Australia

Postby BALTMANHD103 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 pm

We use to sell Aircraft parts one way is to carry it aboard the aircraft but that would mean someone would have to find an individual you can trust on either end to do so. With the current state of both countries that could be difficult.
BALTMANHD103

Return to Just Chatting