Anyone know what these parts are from?

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Anyone know what these parts are from?

Postby gamblingman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:57 pm

These castings were included by mistake in an order I recently received from the foundry. I called them and they said they already replaced the missing pieces, and told me to throw them in the trash. I wont throw them away, but before they go into the "unknown" bin, I thought I would check to see if anyone knew what they are, or if anyone needs them.
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
gamblingman
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 am

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

Postby marsonion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 pm

gamblingman wrote:These castings were included by mistake in an order I recently received from the foundry. I called them and they said they already replaced the missing pieces, and told me to throw them in the trash. I wont throw them away, but before they go into the "unknown" bin, I thought I would check to see if anyone knew what they are, or if anyone needs them.


Just a shot in the dark-- could these be crown castings for penny scales similar but not identical to a Pace Bantam or Aristo?
Attachments
PScrown.jpg
PaceBantamScale2.jpg
PaceBantamScale2.jpg (17.2 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
User avatar
marsonion
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 pm
Location: OR

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

Postby gamblingman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Good shot, but I'm thinking they are for something else. Those look more like the top is cast in one big piece. With the lip on the bottom the way it is, they almost look like they would fit into another casting, such as the top of a slot or trade stimulator. I've seen the design somewhere, but just can't remember where. Maybe I will see something at the coin-op show that will ring a bell.
gamblingman
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 am

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

Postby cpdretired » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

I don't recall any trade stimulator with a casting like this.
cpdretired
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:28 am

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:14 pm

How about this shot-in-the-dark. Call the foundry, and ask them to ask the person that they originally belonged to, what they are for. Problem solved!
User avatar
SLOT DYNASTY
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:56 am
Location: S.F. Bay Area & San Mateo County, California

Re: Anyone know what these parts are from?

Postby gamblingman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Tried that...they couldn't remember who they did them for, and they had no idea what they were off of. No biggie, I just thought I would throw them out there in case anyone knew what they were or had a need......I would rather pass them along as a freebee than leave them in a corner.
gamblingman
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 am


Return to Parts WANTED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests