Mills gooseneck screws

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Mills gooseneck screws

Postby YourBestBet » Sat May 31, 2014 5:50 am

Hi everyone,

I need to replace the top two screws on the gooseneck of a Mills poinsettia. Anyone know the correct screw type or best place I can locate them?

Thanks!
YourBestBet
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby watlingboy » Sat May 31, 2014 6:21 am

They are called philister head screws. I don't have a Mills to check but I believe they are 10/24 thread, could be 8/32 but you can screw a regular round head screw in to check size and length. They are approximately 3/4 or 1 " in length. I'll bet some forum folks have some extras. You can still get them at good old fashioned hardware stores but won't find them at Orchard or the chain hardware stores.

Watlingboy
watlingboy
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:43 pm

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby terick2104 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:18 am

I have them - they are a 10/24 x 1/2 - they are also available from McMasters and Carr they have a websight but they only sell them in boxes of 100. Give me your address or phone # and I will send you some if you only want a few.
terick2104
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 am

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat May 31, 2014 1:02 pm

terick2104 wrote:I have them - they are a 10/24 x 1/2 - they are also available from McMasters and Carr they have a websight but they only sell them in boxes of 100. Give me your address or phone # and I will send you some if you only want a few.


terick2104:
I have sent 'YourBestBet' an e-mail, and offered to send him the correct Philister-Head screws as well.
The ones I have are stainless, so if you hit them on a buffer, they will polish like chrome, and will never rust.
Also, PM me your phone #, as I have to talk to you about 'you know what'. :D
Bill
User avatar
SLOT DYNASTY
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:56 am
Location: S.F. Bay Area & San Mateo County, California

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby YourBestBet » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:30 am

Thanks watlingboy, terick and slotdynasty. You are all very helpful.

I want to make sure I'm looking at the correct screw type. Here's a link to the website terick provided: http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screws/=s7vr1i
Looks like they offer Type 316 stainless steel and 18-8 stainless steel. Am I looking at the correct slotted screw here?

I just tried the link and it doesn't take you to the exact screw. I'm looking at a round head slotted machine screw, 10-24, 1/2 inch. stainless steel.
YourBestBet
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:08 am

Fairway fasteners also has them.
oldslotman
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 pm
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby YourBestBet » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 pm

thanks oldslotman. looks like fairway fasteners has fillister head screws.
YourBestBet
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby YourBestBet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:35 am

If anyone else needs fillister head screws for a gooseneck machine, I believe I found the most cost effective outlet.
I purchased these on Amazon and they arrived yesterday. They work great. If you have an Amazon Prime account it's free two day shipping so 100 screws cost me under $10.

Search this on Amazon: Stainless Steel Machine Screw, Plain Finish, Fillister Head, Slotted Drive, Meets ASME B18.6.3, 5/8" Length, Fully Threaded, #10-24 Threads (Pack of 100)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FN5YYY/ref ... 1_ST1_dp_1
YourBestBet
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby fast_in_muskoka » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:53 am

Howdy,

I could use a few of these for my Skyscraper . . .

Anyone willin to mail a few to north of the border, just let me know and I'll send some $.

regards,

Steve
User avatar
fast_in_muskoka
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: M U S K O K A ONTARIO CANADA

Re: Mills gooseneck screws

Postby leospanner » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:40 am

I just ordered a box of 100, but only need a few. Anyone that would like a few please let me know, only charge is for mailing.

Leo at leo_spanner@hotmail.com
leospanner
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm
Location: California High Desert


Return to Parts WANTED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest