Before anyone yells at me for the attached pic, I must insert the following disclaimer: No slots were harmed in the making of this picture! lol
A while back I "inherited" some boxes of old slot parts. As part of that lot, there was an old Columbia slot front casting that was badly cracked, along with a wood base and sides that were split and missing pieces. Even though it was broken, I thought It was a shame to throw away a good aluminum casting. I toyed with the idea of having it welded and re-polished, but I just don't think it would ever look right, so I came up with the wall-art idea you see below. (I used a Mills handle that I rescued off of ebay after someone ruined it by having the whole thing chrome plated.) After a LOT of prep work and tinkering, I turned the case over to a friend who is an extremely talented airbrush artist, and told him to give me a gangster theme. The results are what you see attached. If you look really close, the gangster has only one arm...the other sleeve is pinned.....the artist told me he kept thinking how to incorporate one-arm-bandit into the design! lol
With all of that said, I am looking to do another such project, so I am looking for anyone that might have a casting/case that is partial, broken, or no good to anyone any longer. I can even do a trade stimulator....it doesn't have to be a slot. I'm just trying to find a way to re-purpose some items that will be lying around and never used any longer. PM me with pics if you have anything you think might make a good display. Again, I am not looking for anything that can be rebuilt, as I think it is important to bring back to life as much of this old stuff as we can.
Thanks
