Jennings Dutchess

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Jennings Dutchess

Postby TheFatman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Looking for drawings or other paperwork on this machine. I just picked it up and it works fine and is a virgin "barn" find. Never been restored with all parts present. Even the original decal is in great shape along with the finish and paint.
Dave
User avatar
TheFatman
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby fast_in_muskoka » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:07 pm

what , no pics ?
User avatar
fast_in_muskoka
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: M U S K O K A ONTARIO CANADA

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Yes.........Pics..........We want to see it in all it's 'years-of-glory' in the barn, before you even
take a damp rag to the dust. If it is as nice as you say, DO NOT Restore it. Just clean it up, with
a bit of TLC.
User avatar
SLOT DYNASTY
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:56 am
Location: S.F. Bay Area & San Mateo County, California

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby TheFatman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Pic to follow as soon as I get a chance to take them. I have no plans to strip the cabinet, remove the paint or do anything to the mech except lube it. I do need to get keys made for it and clean up a little corrosion, and replace the glasses as you will see. Still has the original cash box and the little label in the cabinet about the locking clips. The vendor parts are all there but when released, the knob is seized up. So I will need to work on that, hope to find original mints in there too, but I doubt it.
Dave
User avatar
TheFatman
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby TheFatman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Inside Tag.JPG
With spare coin detector part
Here they are.
On the way home.png
On the way home
Handle Side.JPG
JP window.JPG
Top.JPG
Side.JPG
Handle Side.JPG

Dave
:) :D :) :D
Attachments
Top.JPG
User avatar
TheFatman
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:16 pm

looks like a nice, straight original.
definitely to clean to restore.
there are a few variations on the duchess.
some have a large "little duke" type coin entry.
some have vendor doors with view windows.
some top castings have "STAR BRAND" where yours have the "ODJ" LOGO.
I THINK THE ODJ LOGO, AS YOURS HAS IS RARER, AT LEAST HERE IN THE MIDWEST, AS MOST OF THE DUCHESS MACHINES I HAVE HAD, AND SEEN AROUND HERE ARE THE STAR BRAND ONES.
the odj ones in my opinion are cooler looking.
nice find.
is there an interesting story to go with this machine?
User avatar
Midcoast Vintage
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: South Beloit, Il

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby altort » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Was this the one at Morphy's auction this past Sunday lot 1080? Nice machine I was going to bid on that one my self.
altort
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Ma.

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby fast_in_muskoka » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:46 am

Very nice !
User avatar
fast_in_muskoka
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: M U S K O K A ONTARIO CANADA

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby TheFatman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 am

Thanks for the compliments for this machine, I feel I was lucky to get it. Yes ... it was a Morphys piece and I was amazed on how the value of machines have dropped. I had 3 machines myself there and they all brought well below what I felt they would bring. Bidder 2000 got some great buys who ever he was. I called it a "Barn" find because I didnt know of any other terms to describe the machines condition better than that. I bet there is a great story behind this machine but I dont know it. But for a machine to be left that much intact, the story has to be interesting. I will live up to our COPS code as to keep this as intact as I can in its resurrection, doesn't need much, work well as far as the reels payout and general operation. Still need to either pick the locks or try to get to them from the inside of the cabinet so I can get keys made for them. They wont be replaced, only have new keys made for the original locks. I am even going to have the glass replaced with the laminated glass to keep it as original as i can. I will keep posting pics as I progress with it, will take quite some time since I am in no hurry and I love the journey and want it to last.
Dave
User avatar
TheFatman
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Jennings Dutchess

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 am

Very Nice!
Have you already got the Little Duke to keep her company?
Nobody should have one without the other.
nvmos2
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am
Location: SE Virginia

Next

Return to Parts WANTED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest