Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby RastusB3 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 pm

I have a Mabey Hot Nut vendor with some missing parts.
I am needing the red lens for the top cap, a globe hold down ring, the lamp base hardware
and the water release decal, "I Eat Em' Hot".
I do have the patent prints that show these items and am currently trying to make them myself.
Problem is, it won't be original parts!
I appreciate any information and help in restoring this vendor.
It is in GREAT shape otherwise, and looks impressive
Attachments
#08.jpg
Last edited by RastusB3 on Wed May 07, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RastusB3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed May 07, 2014 2:16 pm

here is a guy that has 100's of different gum / peanut & vending decals.
he may have the correct one.
if not, this one will work.
hope this helps.
good luck.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-old-stock-H ... 19e6cdf4ab
User avatar
Midcoast Vintage
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: South Beloit, Il

Re: Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby RastusB3 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:51 am

That isn't the one I was looking for.
I pm'd him and asked him if he has the "I Eat Em Hot", water transfer decal.
Sometimes you will see the same decal used on the Roy Stringer,
but if I understand it correctly, the R/S decal, said "I Sell Em Hot".

The Mabey and the Roy Stringer, supposedly, were both products of the C.W. Mabey Electric Co. Indianapolis, IN.,
but the Roy Stringer has a SAN MARINO, CA. Mfg. location listed.
Attachments
Mabey Decal   510x600.jpg
RastusB3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby oldslotman » Sun May 11, 2014 9:58 am

If you have a print picture of the decal you can get some water release decal paper and copy and print the design on the paper.
oldslotman
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 pm
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Re: Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby RastusB3 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks for the suggestion but that is the best picture I have and it is damaged and on a curve
RastusB3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Mon May 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Here is a link to a google page showing a couple different mabey decals.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... h&imgdii=_
User avatar
Midcoast Vintage
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: South Beloit, Il

Re: Mabey Eat Em Hot, nut vendor

Postby RastusB3 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:09 pm

I would venture to say, that is the same decal, just brighter color on the pinstripes and a deeper yellow cast.
I'd settle for the decal, just need to find it.
Thanks, and if you see a seller, let me know, or for that fact, I can learn how to make water transfer decals!!
RastusB3
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm


Return to Parts WANTED

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest